Orthodontics for Adults
It's never too late to get a beautiful smile.
Lots of Adults Choose Orthodontics
Today, adults make up about one in every four orthodontic patients.
Orthodontic treatment can help correct crooked teeth or spaces that you’ve been self-conscious about for years. It can give you the confidence and pride that come with straight teeth and a great smile.
Teeth Can Shift
Believe it or not, your teeth don’t stop moving when you’re young. Teeth that seemed straight and aligned in youth could have shifted later in life. This can lead to jaw pain, trouble brushing, or a smile you’re unhappy with.
Maintaining Dental Health
If you leave misaligned teeth untreated, you may end up with other dental problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. You may also have difficulty chewing or abnormal wear on the surface of your teeth.
Why is Orthodontic Treatment Important for Adults?
- Can help prevent or improve periodontal problems
- Can help prevent or reduce further bone loss around teeth
- Improves ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth
- Improves aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance
- Improves function of teeth
- Improves self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improves oral health